Bad Hofgastein has a railway station 3km from town which makes it easy to get out and about on your own. There's a bus stop outside the Hotel Österreichischerhof that can take you straight there.
Here are some suggestions:
|Destination ||Journey ||Return Price (approx) |
|Werfen/Castle ||1hr ||€18 |
|Zell am See ||1hr 15mins ||€20 |
|Salzburg City ||1hr 30mins ||€35 |
|Velden on Wörthersee ||1hr 30mins ||€45 |
There is also a regular bus service around the valley between the local villages.
Guided excursions are available locally to places such as Grossglockner or Krimml Waterfalls. These may not be guided in English.
Make the most of your holiday by taking advantage on the various discounts and freebies on events, activities and travel in and around Bad Hofgastein.
· Free guided hikes with tourist office (2 x weekly half day hikes) .
· 1 x weekly full day hike.
· Free use of Bad Hofgastein village bus.
· Discounts on regional buses.
· Discounts on summer lifts .
· Discounts on many outdoor sports and wellness facilities.
Available to all customers staying in Bad Hofgastein.
Available from £314 (return)
Bad Hofgastein doesn't have a Holiday Advisor, you will be given a welcome pack and contact number on arrival.