- A pretty village nestling in a delightful valley, full of opportunities to enjoy the wonderful outdoors
- Get away from the hustle and bustle in this relaxing spa town
- This charming village has so much to offer your holiday, with the perfect mix of relaxation and activities
- Located in the Gastein Valley, the village is surrounded by beautiful mountains
• coach transfer • car hire • private transfer
• Salzburg · 90km · 1 hour 45 minuntes
Birmingham, Glasgow, London Gatwick, Manchester, Newcastle
So what's it like?
This charming village has an idyllic setting in the Gastein Valley. Originally a market town, you'll find the village church surrounded by cobbled streets lined with a collection of cafés offering delicious cakes and shops selling local craft work. Next to the municipal hall, wander through the village's Kurpark, a relaxing haven next to the wonderful Alpen Therme.
Relax and discover
Local culture: With pretty cobbled streets lined with cafés Bad Hofgastein has plenty of character and charm. Originally a market town, the village has now become a popular spa town with natural springs that fill the Alpen Therme Spa.
Walking: Rolling mountain meadows in bloom and imposing glaciers for all to explore. Jump onto the summer lifts to take you to airier heights and reach the peaks. Or explore the valley keeping a beady eye out for golden eagles, vultures and marmots. With 350 kilometres of hiking trails for all levels you will have plenty to keep you occupied.
Spa: All guests staying at the Hotel Österreichischerhof receive free entrance to the resort's Alpen Therme spa facility, connected to the hotel by underground passageway. Consisting of 6 adventure and vitality worlds spread out over 32,000m² featuring a unique 360° panoramic view of the Alps, geysers and a glassed-in sky bar.
Evening atmosphere: With a relaxing evening atmosphere, enjoy a coffee or glass of wine in one of the cafés in the charming village centre.
Available from £314 (return)
Free Gastein Card
All customers staying in Bad Hofgastein will receive a free Gastein Card entitling you to many discounts and free activities within the Gastein Valley.
· Free guided hikes with tourist office (2 x weekly half day hikes) .
· 1 x weekly full day hike.
· Free use of Bad Hofgastein village bus.
· Discounts on regional buses.
· Discounts on summer lifts .
· Discounts on many outdoor sports and wellness facilities.
On arrival in resort, why not visit the tourist office to find out the weekly programme of events?
Events often include free music concerts and cycling tours amongst other activities.
All offerings are subject to change.
Bad Hofgastein has a railway station which makes it a fantastic place from which to make independent 'away days'. Here are some suggestions:
Destination Journey Return Price Werfen/Castle 1hr €18 Zell am See 1hr 15mins €12 Salzburg City 1hr 30mins €35 Velden on Wörthersee 1hr 30mins €45
There is also a regular bus service around the valley between the local villages.
Guided excursions are also available locally to places such as Grossglockner or Krimml Waterfalls (these may not be guided in English).
Bad Hofgastein doesn't have a Holiday Advisor, you will be given a welcome pack and contact number on arrival.
Special offers this summer
Free summer card for all guests in Bad Hofgastein entitling you to many discounts and free activities within the Gastein Valley.