Why not try...
- A hill farm. Scattered across the tops of the luscious green meadows you will find 55 mountain huts. Sample home made bread, cheese, bacon and other local specialities while being made to feel right at home.
- Taking yourself to Dizzying heights on an easy hike along the Gastein Höhenweg (high path) leads to the Gadaunere Gorge with impressive views of the depths below!
- Exploring the high country trails on the Nassfeld toll trail once used by gold miners. In the heart of the Hohe Tauern national park, topped off with stunning glacier mountain scenery this is an ideal trail for all levels.
So what's it like?
Rolling mountain meadows in bloom and imposing glaciers for all to explore. Jump onto the summer lifts to take you to airier heights and reach the peaks. Or explore the valley keeping a beady eye out for golden eagles, vultures and marmot’s. With 350 kilometres of hiking trails for all levels you will have plenty to keep you occupied.
The Gastein valley is famous for its thermal waters and also has lots more to offer. Relax in the Bad Hofgastein park to a classical concert (6 days per week mid-May to mid-Sept) play tennis on one of 7 outdoor courts or take a scenic riverside walk. As well as a birdwatching path and a minigolf course, you can also fish for brown trout, char and salmon trout (permits available locally), go llama trekking or try your hand at archery. Hire a mountain bike and visit one of the pretty villages along the valley or climb up into the mountains along one of many marked biking routes. Visit the bio-brewery, explore Weitmoserschlössl Castle and wonder at Gadauern Gorge. Bad Gastein is also well worth a visit with it's majestic buildings - perhaps make it an evening visit and try your luck at the famous casino.
• 'Alpen Therme' spa centre • walking • tennis • minigolf • trekking • archery • mountain biking • classical concerts
All guests staying at the Hotel Österreichischerhof receive free unlimited entrance to the resort Alpen Therme spa facility, connected to the hotel by underground passageway. Consisting of 6 adventure and vitality worlds spread out over 32,000m² featuring a unique 360° panoramic view of the Alps, geysers and a glassed-in sky bar.
· Relax World: Take some time out to recharge and relax. Jump in the thermal indoor and outdoor pools and sunbathing on the terrace and gardens surrounded by alpine forest.
· Family World: Great fun in the water for kids of all ages! Swoosh down the water slides, let the lazy river take you away and venture into the cinema dome over a pool!
· Sauna World: Indulge yourself in multiple indoor or outdoor sauna’s, the steam grotto, brine grotto, and the Cascadia sauna accommodating 50-60 people, separate nudist area. Afterwards, cool off in the refreshing mountain lake, or swim in the warm water of the thermal pool.