- Enviable location in the village centre, close to gondola and amenities, 7 minutes' walk to railway station.
- One of the most popular hotels in Mayrhofen, family-run and with a warm and lively atmosphere.
- Superb spa area with indoor pools, saunas, whirlpool, steam rooms and fitness room (extra charge for spa treatments).
- Garden and sun terrace, cocktail bar, tea room, aqua bar and night club (daily live music in July/August).
- Children's play areas, squash courts, tennis courts, pool table and table tennis.
CSQ Holiday Overall
CSQ Food Quality
So what's it like?
Run by the Roscher family for many generations, the popular, friendly and lively Hotel Strass has been a firm favourite for many years. There are plenty of areas for you to relax including gardens and a sun terrace with beautiful Alpine views. The impressive spa area includes indoor pools, saunas, steam rooms, whirlpool and a fitness room. For an extra charge you can choose from a range of spa treatments and massages. The Strass is situated in the heart of the village, right next to the Penken gondola, and consists of two wings - the Sport Hotel and the Hotel Strass. The wings are joined by an impressive and welcoming reception area.
Book your Discovery package by 29 April 2015 and get flights, transfers, accommodation and excursions in one great value package for all summer 2015 departure dates only.
The Mayrhofen Discovery package is a superb way to explore what Mayrhofen and the surrounding area has to offer. You will stay at the Spa Hotel Strass, located in the centre of this scenic Tirolean village and have the benefit of 4 excursions and 2 evening activities included in the package. The village has a vibrant atmosphere with pavement cafés and rustic bars, during the summer months there are festivals and brass band concerts for you to enjoy in line with local tradition.
- Excursion to Neuschwanstein.
- Excursion to Innsbruck.
- Excursion to Krimml Waterfalls.
- Austrian skittles night.
Neuschwanstein Castle: visit the most famous fairytale castle and enter a world of fantasy and German myths. It is said to have influenced Walt Disney's Sleeping Beauty Castle and attracts more than 1.3 million visitors each year. After explore the picturesque village of Oberammergau, world famous for hosting the Passion Play. Castle entrance (approx. €12).
Innsbruck: capital of the Tirol surrounded by towering mountains - making for a unique and imposing city setting. Rich in history, don't miss visits to the famous Golden Roof and the stunning St. Jacob's Cathedral. Optional city tour on foot (approx. €7).
Krimml Waterfalls Walk
At the foot of the Gerlos Pass, these waterfalls are the highest in Austria. Enjoy a walk up the footpath to the top where the best views of the falls can be seen. Entrance fee (approx. €2). Spend the afternoon walking around the medieval town of Kitzbühel.
Please note: entrance fees and optional extras are payable locally. Must book by 29 Apr 2015. Available for summer 2015 departure dates only.
Additional Information: If you wish to select any additional away days then you can add these to your booking in the optional extras section of the booking process.
· in village centre · next to Penken gondola · close to all resort amenities · 7 minutes' walk to railway station
for 2 people on half board sharing a small room in the Strass wing with twin or Austrian twin beds, private bath or shower and WC. Rooms with balcony and single rooms are available in both wings at a supplement. Superior rooms are also available in the Strass wing at a supplement. Some rooms sleep up to 3 people with extra sofa bed.
All bedrooms have hairdryer, internet link, safe, satellite TV and many have balcony.
· 154 bedrooms · lift to all floors · outdoor parking · extra charge for internet
Wine, dine & unwind
· garden and sun terrace · cocktail bar, tea room, aqua bar and night club · daily live music or DJ - July & August
Spa, wellness & pools
· superb spa area including indoor pools, textile sauna, saunas, whirlpool, steam rooms and fitness room · pool towels · extra charge for spa treatments and massage
· tennis, pool table, table tennis, extra charge for squash courts · Zillergrund Dam excursion · weekly guided walks
For the family
· children's indoor and outdoor play areas with toys
· extensive hot and cold buffet breakfast · packed lunch 2 times a week - drink not included · afternoon cake · 4 course evening meals with a choice of main course and daily salad buffet
During Summer 2015 the Penken Gondola station next to the Spa Hotel Strass will be rebuilt. All our rooms at Hotel Strass are away from the works, however
during day time some noise disturbance due to the building works is likely.
Special offers for summer 15
• Free Zillergrund Dam excursion • Free packed lunches 3 times a week (drink not included) • Free daily afternoon cake • Free weekly guided walks • free use of squash courts
Gym and fitness centre
There's a gym or fitness centre available here.
Best for families
Perfect for families - this accommodation offers a family friendly experience and free child places.
This hotel has an indoor pool.
WiFi is available at this accommodation.
Half board includes breakfast and evening meal.