- Beautiful historic centre with bustling pedestrianised area, walking, activities, shopping, sightseeing or simply just relaxing
- Full of character and crammed full of friendly cafés and bars
- Stunning location perched on the edge of the lake Zell and at the foot of the Schmittenhohe mountain
• coach transfer • car hire • private transfer
• Salzburg · 80km · 1 hr 30 mins
Birmingham, Glasgow, London Gatwick, Manchester, Newcastle
So what's it like?
The idyllic mountain town of Zell has the perfect location right on the lake, with the snowcapped peaks of the 'Hohe Tauern' mountains rising up to the south. The lake offers all kinds of water activities including lake cruises, rowing, water skiing and swimming. There is some superb walking in the area and you can join our walking escort on 2 free guide walks per week. Zell town has a beautiful historic centre with a bustling, pedestrianised area with pavement cafés and a great selection of shops to browse on a sunny afternoon. Zell's central location makes it easy to visit other areas of Austria, including a day trip to Salzburg which is just an hour and a half away.
Relax and discover
Local culture: One of Austria's most popular resorts. The Kasterturm Tower is home to the local heritage museum, the Romanesque style Church of Hippolytus, the oldest building in the town, shows off the oldest architectural elements in the region.
Water sports: You can abseil, scramble and swim through magnificent waterfalls on a canyoning trip or race down the rapids on a white water rafting adventure. Challenge your friends to a pedalo race across the lake, the best way to explore and instil some healthy competition.
Walking: Ramblers, strollers or hikers, you’ll be spoilt for choice when it comes to walking in Zell am See. With over 83 marked mountain trails, there’s a lot to choose from. Join our walking escort on 2 free guided walks per week.
Weddings: On the shores of Lake Zell, with glorious views across the shimmering water onto the peaks of the spectacular Hohe Tauern, Zell am See is a perfect location for a summer wedding. Take a look online for our handpicked selection of gorgeous ceremony venues, or contact our Weddings team on 0871 230 8123.
Summer card: A fantastic Zell am See-Kaprun All Inclusive Card is available when staying at selected hotels - with a wide range of benefits to help you get the most out of the region.
Evening atmosphere: The village comes alive at night. Crazy Daisy is great place for drinking and dancing through the night or enjoying a relaxing glass of wine on the terrace and the weekly Stadtfest during July and August is the perfect way to absorb yourself in local festivities.
Available from £314 (return)
All guests staying at selected hotels in Zell and See will receive this unique all-inclusive card allowing you to relax and enjoy the superb sights and attractions of this beautiful area of Austria. The local bus links Zell am See and Kaprun for only €1 per journey so you can take advantage of the great offers in both resorts, regardless of which resort you're staying in!
Zell am See
- Free unlimited descents on the Schmittenhöhe cable car
- Free ascent on the Schmittenhöhe cable car (once weekly)
- Free unlimited use of the Sonnenalm/City Express gondola
- Free round the lake boat trip on Lake Zell (once weekly)
- Free boat trip on the MS Schmittenhöhe (once weekly)
- Free unlimited lake crossings
- Free unlimited entry to lakeside bathing beaches
- Free unlimited entry to Zell am See indoor pool
- Free unlimited use of the Kaprun Gletscher gondola (to Alpincentre)
- Free ascent and descent from Alpincentre to Kitzsteinhorn (once weekly)
- Free unlimited use of the Kaprun Maiskogelbahn cable car
- Free unlimited entry to Kaprun Alpine Reservoirs
- Free unlimited entry to Kaprun Optimum Sports centre indoor pool
- Free unlimited entry to the Siegmund Thun gorge
- Free unlimited entry to the Vorderkaser gorge
- Free unlimited entry to the Seisenberg gorge
- Free unlimited entry to the Lamprechtshöhle cave
- Free unlimited entry to the Krimml waterfalls
- Free unlimited entry to the the Wild & Freizeit game & amusement park
- Free unlimited entry to the Pinzgau Museum of local history
- Free unlimited entry to the Mittersill National Park centre
Train service from Zell am See to Kitzbühel, Salzburg and Bad Gastein. Also an excellent local bus service and a choice of summer lifts.
There are lots of events to enjoy in Zell am See during the summer. Famous lake festivals, featuring spectacular firework displays, take place in 13th July and 4th August. During high season there are also weekly town festivals and lakeside brassband concerts.
Austria is a stunning location in which to set your summer wedding. On the shores of Lake Zell, with glorious views across the shimmering water onto the peaks of the spectacular Hohe Tauern, Zell am See is a perfect location for a summer wedding. Take a look online for our handpicked selection of gorgeous ceremony venues, or contact our Weddings team on 01 4331080
Special offers for Summer 2013
Summer card: Free Zell/Kaprun summer card for guests staying in selected hotels with free or discounted entrance to many attractions in and around Zell am See and Kaprun.