- Stylish seaside resorts line the wonderful Kvarner Riviera
- Follow in the footsteps of Royal visitors including Vittorio Emanuel III & Franz Ferdinand
- Take in the lush backdrop of high mountains covered in woodland & vegetation
- Head to the Opatija park for sweet smelling ceders magnolia & wisteria
- Explore the Gulf of Kvarner with a stroll along the coastal promenade; the 'lungomare'
- Sit back & relax in one of the many bars & cafes and soak up the lively seaside atmosphere
· Private transfer · Car hire
· Pula · 95km · 1 hr 30 mins
Birmingham, London Gatwick, Manchester
So what's it like?
Opatija has been a fashionable seaside resort for over a century. This wonderful resort sits at the foot of the imposing Mount Ucka and there are plenty of walking opportunities in the hills around the area. Grab your walking boots and take you pick from a variety of routes through the wooded slopes. Head along the 2 hour trail to the medieval, fortified mountain village of Veprinac. Enjoy the wonderful coastal views whilst strolling along the celebrated 12km promenade; the 'Lungomare', stretching from Preluka to Lovran. You pass stunning scenery, pretty pebbled beaches and picturesque villages, such as the tranquil fishing village of Volosko. A 'must' is to simply take a wander around the beautiful gardens and parks that Opatija has to offer.
A frequent bus service operates from Opatija to nearby coastal cities of Rijeka and Pula as well as inland to mountain towns and villages.
Opatija has no rep. You'll find a contact number and plenty of local knowledge in your information pack - simply print it off and bring it with you.
· shops · cafés · restaurants · banks · doctors · chemist · post office