- Wonderful Bavarian hospitality
- A hidden gem of rolling hills, majestic mountains and crystal clear lakes
- Ideal for families with activities in abundance
- Explore nearby Salzburg or Munich for a city day away
- Wander the mountain trails and take in the views from Hitler's infamous Eagle's Nest
Approx. 1.5-2 hours
So what's it like?
Germany's alpine region is a little known gem of majestic mountains, gently rolling hills, crystal clear lakes and softly flowing streams. Pretty alpine villages nestle in wooded valleys, offering wonderful hotels and actvities to suit everyone.
Famous for their hospitality, brass bands and breweries, the Bavarians welcome their visitors with open arms. In the Chiemgau Alps you'll find amazing scenery and the huge variety of activites and attractions. There is fabulous mountain walking, mountain biking, gentle riverside cycling and fishing. There are traditional festivals, children's activities and fun parks, National Park areas filled with beautiful flora and fauna, lakes to swim in, leisure complexes with pools and spa facilities as well as historic and natural sights. Alternatively you can just relax by a lake or sit outside at a café or mountain restaurant, watch the world go by and enjoy some of the most beautiful scenery in Germany.
Birmingham, Glasgow, London Gatwick, Manchester, Newcastle