- Explore the beauty of this UNESCO World Heritage Site
- Discover the melting polt of Austrian Italian and Ladin mountain culture
- Sunset's the time to gaze at the awe-inspiring pink and purple hued jagged peaks
- Wander the mountain trails with a walking escort or climb higher on the Via Ferrata
- Venture to nearby Lake Garda or explore the sinking city of Venice
· Private transfer · Car hire · Coach transfer
Verona 2hrs 30 mins
Belfast City, Birmingham, Bristol, Glasgow, London Gatwick, Manchester, Newcastle
So what's it like?
Selva is located in the Val Gardena, a region of exceptional beauty with a wealth of natural treasures and offering a wonderful combination of Austrian architecture and Italian ambience. Towering over the valley are the dramatic Dolomite mountains - awe inspiring jagged peaks which at sunset and sunrise take on amazing colours from pink to purple. The 'Ladin' language, which dates back to Roman times, is widely spoken here and the local industry of woodcarving produces works from small souvenirs to intricate decorative items. There are first-class restaurants and many others serving traditional dishes from the Val Gardena accompanied by delicious wines from the region.
Available on request
Valgardena CardMake the most of your holiday in Selva by purchasing the Valgardena Card, giving you:
- Unlimited use of all lifts in Val Gardena that are open in the summer
- Unlimited use of railway between San Candido-Fortezza and Fortezza-Bolzano
- Travel on all local busses
- Travel on urban transport within Bolzano, Bressanone and Brunico
Explore the wonderful scenery of the surrounding Dolomites. The lift and bus systems are extensive and interlink extremely well.
· Towards the end of September, Selva has its annual village 'Sagra', or party, with food stalls, local handcrafts and live music.
· Two evenings per week the town centre is closed to traffic and shops and bars stay open until late.
· 'Festival Gardena' organise free concerts throughout the summer, approximately twice monthly.
Twin centre suggestion
Why not combine a stay at the Hotel Ingram in Selva with a few days at the Hotel Catullo in Bardolino. Transfer to your second centre will be by coach or minibus and may be via Verona Airport.