This is not your average holiday...
Looking for something different this summer? Salzburgerland offers an incomparable Austrian adventure and is the perfect summer holiday destination. Whatever you are looking for, Salzburgerland has the stunning scenery, activities and cultural highlights to ensure a brilliant holiday experience.
The most famous scenic road in the Alps, the world’s biggest ice cave, Europe’s tallest waterfalls – in Salzburgerland you will be overwhelmed by the number of attractions. The many impressive natural wonders, fascinating museums and charming palace gardens make it hard to know where to start with your summer holiday.
Surrounded by beautiful countryside and plenty of sunshine, an exciting holiday full of hiking, riding, fishing, swimming and many other activities awaits. Visit Salzburgerland for your next summer getaway with friends or family. This is not your average holiday.
Our favourite Salzburgerland resort: Zell am See - Kaprun
A truly unique region where you can try summer skiing, walking or take on a selection of water sports on the beautiful Lake Zell.
Water sports activities including lake cruises, rowing, water skiing and swimming. There is some superb walking in the area and you can join our walking escort on 2 FREE guide walks per week. Zell town has a beautiful historic centre with a bustling, pedestrianised area with pavement cafes and a great selection of shops to browse on a sunny afternoon.
Other Salzburgerland resorts include:
- Bad Hofgastein: The Gastein Valley will captivate you on your summer holiday with its stunning scenery – perfect for a hiking holiday.
- Lake Fuschl: The clear waters and secluded bays of Lake Fuschlsee are an ideal place to while away your summer holiday.
- Saalbach: A charming and traditional Alpine resort, Saalbach offers easy access to the mountains with the summer gondola.
- St Gilgen: A cultural haven and the birthplace of Mozart’s Mother, St Gilgen also offers superior hiking trails and breathtaking view points.
Getting there: flying to SalzburgerLand
- Salzburg Airport is the largest regional airport in Austria, and known as the gateway to the Austrian Alps and lake districts.
- The airport is named after Salzburg's most famous son, the composer W.A. Mozart, and is located near the centre of the city, close to the Austrian-German border.
- Over 1.7m passengers pass through the airport every year.
- The airport provides easy access to some of the best summer resorts in the Alps, including Zell am See and Kaprun.
- Flights operate direct to Salzburg Airport from 5 major UK airports.